Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
failed. Didn't even make it to the main driving portion. Failed miserably on parellel parking. I may take my dad's extended cab short bed truck next time. It has objects ARE as the appear mirros and one of those bubble mirrors. You can see around yourself really well to do something like parellel parkings. But I think it may be bigger than the space ;)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i have to wait till frigin november to even write, and all my buddies are getting them now...damn!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hey, don't worry about it. I failed my first time too, it was total bs though.

I'm going down a one lane, one way rd that has a second lane coming in from the right, that YEILDS as it comes in. I'm in my lane, and there is a box truck that was backed into a loading dock on my side of the street with his nose in my lane. Remember now that the lane coming in from the right has a yeild sign. So I start to go to my right to go around this truck. At the same time a car is coming in from the right. The guy giving me the test starts freaking out say "look out, there a car coming". The car did yeild, as he should of, but the dam guy failed me. We were on our way back to the testing place. I had already parallel parked, hill parked, everything perfectly. Supposedly he was the old bastard that didn't think anyone at the age of 16 should have their license. Stupid old man. Needless to say, the next time I took it, I had a different tester and I passed with no problems.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
One guy failed my friend for going through a stop sign... oh wait that was a good thing.

Another one of my buddies failed for getting cut off.

If the tester is having a bad day they'll take it out on you, my suggestion is to go first thing in the morning when they haven't had other people so they'll be in a good mood.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts

that's too bad, I got my drivers first time, only got 5 marks off for stopping at a yeild sign, there was a friggen pile of snow there and I couldn't see anything so I stopped... the guy said it was unnecessary.. screw him...

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i passed first time, like a 96 or sumptin, i was lil to far away from the curb parrallel parking and took a corner to wide or narrow or sumptin...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a friend who failed for being "cocky". He parellel parked really quickly. Nothing wrong with that right? He did it right and just used his mirrors and it took him only a few seconds. The guy said he was too cocky and failed him. Thats what my buddy tells me. There may be more to it, thats what his dad told me as well though. This guy works on a farm though, he has driven tractors and big trucks(pickups and bigger) for years so it makes sense he would be good at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts