Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about making my own drop brackets to get the rear of my sled higher. will there be any problems doing this?. will my ski pressure be to high?. I will not make the brackets very high, maybe 5 cm higher than stock ps. my sled is an wildcat efi 93`

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
just make sure that the distance from front mount to rear mount stays the same. also make sure your limiter straps have enough travel to level the suspension in its new location.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My advice would be to drop the front also if you are going 5cm. Mabey front 3 or 4cm. Many sleds have more than one set of holes for mounting the skid.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my skids just have one mounting hole,and if i lower my sled will it not go badly in the snow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im curious, what is your reasoning for lowering the suspension to begin with? It would be necessary if you need the clearence for a taller track or pics or if you are bottoming the track on the tunnel. Im assuming that you know it wont give you any additional suspension travel.

I wouldnt mess with it unless there is a compelling reason other than looks :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i understand that my sled will not get any more suspension travel, i just want more clearance to the running boards. I like to drive in powder snow and dont have the money to buy a RMK 800 or something else that works better in deep snow than my old ac. and i really like to work on my sled last week i mounted the handlebar 3cm higher for better handling,and this week a local work shop are making reinforcement for my running board. ps. i think the sled would look better too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I understand completely the need to get your running boards further away from the snow surface. Make sure whatever brackes you make are connected to the chassis at least as well as the originals. You may want to make the brackets larger than needed so that you will have plenty of room to try different mounting locations. You can trim any unwanted excess after you are satisfied with any new location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts