Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on a 2003 polaris classic touring 136 edge. The bolts that are holdng in the suspension are both screwed into the same aluminum tube. When you get one of the bolts out the whole tube spins when trying to get the other out. There is no way to grab or hold the tube while getting the second bolt out. How do i get these bolts out.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Tighten them both back up and use two ratchets and loosen them at the same rate. I use this method every time now and it works just fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
use an impact wrench if you have one. that works the best

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
agreed on the impact ours do that almost everytime, get one run out then run it back in tight, and run the other one out and then go back to the first one and run it out, hasnt failed us yet

·
Registered
7 Posts
If that doesn't work take a nut and put it on the bolt you have off and then tighten it half way down then tighten the nut then loosen the other side then all you have to do is
loosen the nut

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Take the bolt all the way out on one side, clean it up, soak it with WD-40, and put it back in and tighten it just enough so that it holds to remove the other side bolt. Then since it will remove easily, remove it. The wd-40 will evaporate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had one once where BOTH bolts would spin. Couldnt tighten them, couldnt loosen them. I went in with a drill and bored a 1/8" hole all the way through the suspension tube and the shaft. Then I inserted a 1/8" punch and the bolts came out easily. Later b4 I put it all back together I welded up the holes in the tube. Dont worry about the shaft-

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
02zr440sp said:
use an impact wrench if you have one. that works the best
X2. Use air powered tools. Makes life simpler. It can be done without an air wrench, but it's frustrating and time consuming.

·
Registered
915 Posts
xcsp_edgermk said:
If that doesn't work take a nut and put it on the bolt you have off and then tighten it half way down then tighten the nut then loosen the other side then all you have to do is
loosen the nut
This is a good method I have done this before

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
900modman said:
did you undo the springs on the track sounds like tension on there
That has nothing to do with taking the mounting bolts out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts