Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 RMK 800 i have twin slp pipes, v force reeds, clutched and geared. I went from the 136 to 156 and the suspension is killing me. I'm also looking at lightening it up a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a good suspension for sale or even a seat?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Look at the boss seats there pretty spendy, but I hear they're SO much more comfortable and lighter than stock. Also I don't know if your suspension is already the X-tra lite, but if it's just the X-tra 10 maybe that would be lighter. Or you could try a switchback skid.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
snap101 said:
whats a switch back skid?
Skid out of a switch back. I personally would look for an Edge or M-10 that is factory 156.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
if u want to get spendy trying make your machine light, you always could go to carbon fiber trailing arms, and replace all of your chassis bolts with titanium bolts. but a cheap way to lighten your sled is to get rid of oil injection, do not quote me but I hear it drops about 10lbs or so.

·
Registered
453 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
...look for an M-10 that is factory 156.
What? You mean the Trenchmaster 10? The M10 would trench in anything deeper than 2" of snow. Polaris never made an RMK with an M10.

X2 on the XtraLite skid. Maybe longer slide rails?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i make my own chrome moly trailing arms, they are about 3lbs lighter than stock each arm.
removing sway bar is about 5 lbs on my sled.
you already have aluminum radious rods? but on my gen2 that was another 5+ lbs.

depending on what you want to do with your hood, i ran a mountain fit hood with no dash or guage cluster crap, just a bare hood with 2 fog lights, that was a fast and cheap 20 lbs lost.

the aftermarket seats are suppose to lose about 6-10 lbs depending on your seat, the polaris 2 piece seat like yours or mine are about 12-15 lbs. the aftermarket seats are about 6 lbs.

you can look at fabcraft. com for a rear skid?

after the big items of hood and seat, body parts like trailing arms are stupid expensive for what you lose in weight. if you can shed 30 lbs between a hood and seat, you already lost some weight with aftermarket pipes. i would leave it there. the next 10 lbs will cost almost a grand by going big name aftermarket.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mad-Boondocker said:
if u want to get spendy trying make your machine light, you always could go to carbon fiber trailing arms, and replace all of your chassis bolts with titanium bolts. but a cheap way to lighten your sled is to get rid of oil injection, do not quote me but I hear it drops about 10lbs or so.
i lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 13-14 pounds on my 99 XCR 700

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
cromoly trailing arms
aluminum radius rods
Extralite suspension
boss seat
mesh or lexan hood
digital tach/EGT (ditch stock gauges)
cromoly steering post/hoop
SLP ultralite skis
use fog light style headlights (ditch the stock headlight)

·
Registered
453 Posts
powersledder said:
cromoly trailing arms
aluminum radius rods
Extralite suspension
boss seat
mesh or lexan hood
digital tach/EGT (ditch stock gauges)
cromoly steering post/hoop
SLP ultralite skis
use fog light style headlights (ditch the stock headlight)
Thanks for re-stating everything that was mentioned above in your post! Gotta get that post count up[thumb]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts