Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P>

Just ran it tinto a telephone pole this morning, was riding in a ditch about 40mph-60mph and the ditch sucked me in, I jumped off it just in time and flew 25feet. I'm OK

Anyone need some parts or does anyome have a chassis for sale???? Engine will start up, the crankshaft is not bent.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yikes! Your lucky you jumped off... You should just try and ride it like that... I bet you'll get a few looks. [:D]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
does it still go? is the frame bent between the motor and the jackshaft/driveshaft? if it isn't bent there, i would just bend the front end back to shape, get a y pipe and pipe, and drive it. It's not like that sled is worth thousand's anyway.

-Dean

·
Registered
422 Posts
Im with ripperd2 on this one, fixer-up!

If the frame is not bent, then really all you need to do is find a used muffler, and fix the steering... Looks aren't everything...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
front part of the frame is bent, my dealer says a new one costs $800 and takes 10 hours to intstall. It will start up but it won't move , somthing is draggin underneath i think, Heck we coudn't even tow it with my neighbors 340, I had to go home and get my pickup to tow it home. Anyone need a motor 400cc??? [email protected]

How much you think i could get out of the parts minus the hood and frame???

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Feel like a drive up to Northern MN??? My bud has an older Indy400 for sale. Asking $500, but I'm guessing you'd get it for $400. Runs good, looks decent, and you'd have a nice parts sled with the one you gots.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by pigboy
[br]Feel like a drive up to Northern MN??? My bud has an older Indy400 for sale. Asking $500, but I'm guessing you'd get it for $400. Runs good, looks decent, and you'd have a nice parts sled with the one you gots.
whats you buddies email address???

·
Registered
749 Posts
Must be a curse. The exact same looking sled came into our polaris dealer a week ago. Except it looks a little worse than yours. If you seen this one you'd probobly think yours wasn't so bad.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
OUCH!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would fix it.it's not that bad.i once hit a tree with a 440 TX Polaris and drove the engine through the gas tank.steel cleats on ice isent the right thing. anybody out there remember these damn things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts