Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just about an hour ago a drunk came up the street and hit a telephone poll and then got going and hit our car up the street and hit a tree. and you know i accualy know the guy that did it and the cops go him as he was running away i think. he is or was a teacher at one of the high schools, and he doesn't have insurance, but the damage is not to bad, maybe 1000-1500, take a look at the pics

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 001.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 002.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 003.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 004.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Bad enough the guy was riding so drunk he could not miss a non-moving vehicle, poll and a tree, but what time of day was it? You said it happened about an hour ago and it is daylight in the pics!!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You said he was a teacher, by my calculations an hour ago he should have been teaching from the time you posted this (if you are in CST)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he hit is from 1:00-2:00 this afternoon, he may have been fired or uninmployed, i know he used to teack, anyway i just got back from the bady shop and the total to repair it is $1809.27

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got some more pictures of the stuff he hit, and driving up the street it looked like he was driving on the curb and before he hit the tree he went throught 2 yards.

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 005.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 009.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 011.jpg

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/drunk 012.jpg

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a drwing of his path of distruction. i could tell which way he came in and hit the poll

/snofan/../images/users/mattgross/car path.JPG

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well, not that I'm condonding drinking and driving, but a high school teacher? I can understand why they would drink![:D]

All kidding aside, I'm really glad it doesn't sound like anyone was hurt. But do you think he'll learn from this?[:(!]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah 2 grand out of his pocket and what ever the steet light cost and knowing the guys that has the tree(real dickhead) he will proabably have to buy a new one if that fire killed it, but it should be ok

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
lol

I'm sure if u guys can afford an Audi, you can afford to insure the thing.

That looks rough tho, ppl like that should be tied to a pole and beaten. I'd be really mad if some idiot ran into my car.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we do have insurance on it full coverage, but why should we apy for it, well will probably end up going through our insurance, then they will go to his insurace if he has some or they will go after him, probably no matter how we get it fixed now he will end up paying in the end. you know i think you are right about beating him, i went backed and looked at his tracks, be went into another yard and the entire time he was on the wrong side of the rad untill he hit our car then went back to the wrong side, this guy must have been falling down drunk, and there are a lot of kid in our area and he wen through some of there yards, i have a couple offences they will probably charge him with, dui fleeing from officer and the sceen of 2 accidents, and no insurance, and maybe more

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That sucks man, stupid guy could have hurt kids. Especially if they were playing in the yards. At least you know who did it.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Insurance covers poles but if he doen't have any I think it may be upwards of 2k. I forget how much it is I got the ill for the one I took out, luckily I am insured :).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
big the car did catch fire, i think he realy damaged the car when he hit the pull and then the tree finished the deal, sled dog, i wonder if insurace covers drunk drivers for damage he does like the poll

1 - 15 of 15 Posts