Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I managed to find the bottom of the lake last weekend. The sleds all running fine now with exception for the Tach. Any help on how to get the water out of the tach? It also wasnt working, so is it shot or is it rebuildable? even worth it?

And my major issue is the seat. I know they love to turn to ice cubes after going down. Ive got it on end with the trunk packed with newspaper over a heat register infront of a window. Does anyone have any tricks on what I can do to make sure its good and dry and soft come next season? Thanks

·
Registered
669 Posts
The seats on my blizzards were pretty wet then i got them, they hadn't been sunk but they were very wet. I sprayed them with some mold cleaner and let them sit with the seat covers off over the heat register for a while and they dryed out. Amazing how much lighter they were afterwards too!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Unstaple the seat cover, take the foam peice out and put it between 2 peices of plywood and run it over with a vehicle. That'll squeeze most of the water out so it doesn't take 6 monthes to dry. Taking the seat cover off and airing out the foam is also a good idea so mould doesn't grow in your seat.

Were you water skipping intentionally or did you break through the ice?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No i just broke through the ice talking to the sled beside me. Luckily was only in 5 ft of water so I didnt have to fish to long to hook the ski. Still had to get a boat to pull it into because the ice all around turned out to be unsafe even to walk on.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
gmeine said:
Well I managed to find the bottom of the lake last weekend. The sleds all running fine now with exception for the Tach. Any help on how to get the water out of the tach? It also wasnt working, so is it shot or is it rebuildable? even worth it?
And my major issue is the seat. I know they love to turn to ice cubes after going down. Ive got it on end with the trunk packed with newspaper over a heat register infront of a window. Does anyone have any tricks on what I can do to make sure its good and dry and soft come next season? Thanks

On bold, are you talking about tach, seat or motor? if tach (look below seat steps), if motor say so, we can explain how to get running, etc....)

steps to dry-out seat:

1. take out all staples to removed seat cover (big staples, use small flat screw driver and pliers)

2. take foam out of plastic shell(Should just pull off)

3. put seat foam in drive way on two planks and put a plank on top of seat as wide or wider than the size of seat and run it over with your vehicle, park vehicle on top for a minute or two.

4. hang seat foam over top a dehumidifyer for a night

5. spray plastic, foam and inside of cover with mould cleaner

6. re-assemble!

for the tach. you can get a used one off ebay for like $20 shipped, just buy a new one. if not, drill a hole the smalled drill bit you can find in the bottom of the lense, the pour all water out, then fill hole with a little glue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I got the sled running an hour after getting it out of the hole, she runs great still. I was wondering about the tach. I'll just have to look around find a used one to put in then.
I was trying to stay away from uncovering the seat, but I guess its the only way to make sure that I wont be riding on a big block of ice next season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts