Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 1976 cross country cat w/ spare tank in the back...cannot figure out how to plumb the tanks together....does the line from the rear tank come up to the front tank and connect to the line going out to the pump or what....?...anybody have a clue...?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I would guess there is a line coming from the rear tank, but maybe just put a connector befor the fuel pump with a valve to switch between the front and rear tanks?
just an idea.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I guess what I would do is put a "T "in there.
You could use two fuel shut off valves so you can control which tank you want the fuel to come from.

So I would take a line from each tank, put a shut off valve, then run the lines into a tee, from the "t" run it to your fuel pump

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what i thought too.....how else would that fuel get to the front tank....unless with the draw of fuel creates a vacuum...??

thanks guys....don't know what i'm goin to do...you look at the service manual it shows the line just dropping into the front tank from the rear....i have a crap load of old artic cats....i need to get some pics on here for all you....all my pics are on my facebook

1 - 4 of 4 Posts