Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased a 95 ski-doo 380sle for my kid was running when we picked it up and brought it home i checked compression 85mag 112pto side decided to change rings for more respectable readings anyway removed engine from frame did what had to be done and reinstalled motor to my dismay we my son and me tried to start it to no avail i've checked every thing from stater upto kill switch cant get no spark. would appreaciate any info thanx

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I've got one too, you've probably trashed the coil, maybe it was bumped when you swapped rings. I had to replace one on my son's '83. Hope this helps, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Take a look at the CDI box. There should be a wire harness that goes to the coils, and a single wire that connects to the ground. disconnect that single wire, and check for spark. Be careful, as the engine may run. If so, you will need to re-connect the wire to kill the engine. If you have spark, just trace the ground backwards. You may have a kill sensor on the throttle, which will kill the engine if the carbs are frozen open, and you let go of the throttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts