Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been up in Eagle River, Hurley, or UP within the last week or so? I'm looking at the forcast and see a 30% chance all week pretty much. Which hopefully will be enough. I want to ride and this next weekend is it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Wasn't bad last week. I came home on the 3rd. Was warm up there this week.

I was told that they got 1" last night with more on the way. I am going back up wednesday night.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you let me know what you find or are you up there all through the weekend.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I can get on the lap top up there. I will be working on octane's sled so I will have alot of breaks to let you know.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well I have the option of this weekend or next. Think I should wait the extra week? JohnDee says winter is here to stay. I was thinking maybe an extra week of snow wouldn't hurt. But if there isn't any more then the trails will get destroyed..

What to do, what to do....

Bryan

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
How about both.... I would seriously wait a week, let the snow build up, Should not be that busy....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Not a bad idea! Go with the fam this weekend, leave the trailer and sleds (if nothing breaks of course) at my aunt's, come back up next weekend. That way I can save money on gas trailering back and forth and spend it on a hotel next weekend with the gf.

Bryan

·
Registered
586 Posts
does anybody have any reports right now of ironwood, hurley, eagle river? anything up there. My buddies were just askin me

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Eagle river is mostly crusty snow/ice.

http://snowconditions.com/conditions.htm

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Depends on how much snow they pick up this week.

·
Registered
586 Posts
aight ... well if anyone has any info please keep me updated .. they really wanna go!!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]Well I have the option of this weekend or next. Think I should wait the extra week? JohnDee says winter is here to stay. I was thinking maybe an extra week of snow wouldn't hurt. But if there isn't any more then the trails will get destroyed..

What to do, what to do....

Bryan
What to do?? Swing by and pick ME up!! LOL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I've decided to come by weekend after next. The 19, 20, and 21.
For sure this time, set in stone. Jeff I would really like to "swing by" and pick you up, but that would be "tripling my trip" there. How far is the drive for you? I'm looking at 7 hours to Hayward, spending the night. Then hopefully get my lazy a$$ up early and drive the 3 or so to Eagle River/St. Germain to hopefully meet up with XCR440 and whoever. Hey if I gotta trailer 7+, so do you! Only good thing about this winter is it's treating us ALL like a redheaded stepchild. I don't have to see a ton of pics constantly of the good stuff. Except Canada, but that's like living in Antarctica or somethin.. heh.
If they get some good snow are you in? It just might be worth it....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Im going this week end leaving 4am on fri be riding by 10 i hope 5 hour drive i think we are staying at the quinn hotel any body else going up?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I won't be up that weekend sorry, I would be up the following though...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Originally posted by Disco
[br]Im going this week end leaving 4am on fri be riding by 10 i hope 5 hour drive i think we are staying at the quinn hotel any body else going up?
I don't know what you are going to be riding on, theres hardly any snow.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts