Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the trails and snow in eagle river? We would like to take a trip up to eagle river and would like to know how the trails and snow are. Thanks

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The trails arent great, but they are definetely ridable. You just have to watch out for the rocks, ruts, sticks and holes. They havent gotten enough snow to fill in/cover up all that stuff.
Also, the corners are all glare ice, so you cant really ride fast.
If you are headed up there thinking you are going to find perfectly groomed, super fast trails, you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Here is the website I use...........3 quarters of the way down the page are the trail reports for the counties in Wi.

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/search/SnowConditionReport.html

Here is a trail report for Eagle River area as of today...........

Eagle River Area Snowmobile Trails Description
12/26/06
TRAILS ARE OPEN IN EAGLE RIVER & ALL OF VILAS COUNTY!
They are in GOOD Early Riding condition. All trails were panned on Saturday. Panning smooths the SNOW down super flat. Saturday the temperatures went down into the low teens. We now have a flat base of SNOW onto top of really frozen ground. Makes for great trails.

LAKE TRAILS....CATFISH & EAGLE ARE NOT OPEN. Lakes by far are not safe at this time. The Trail Boss will be going out soon to check on the thickness of the ice and the amount of slush on top of the ice. Stay tuned.
Hope you all had a great Christmas with family & friends. Time to load of the sleds & come on up!
See ya on the tails!

Holly Tomlanovich
Sno-Eagles, Inc
PROUD GROOMERS OF THE SNOWMOBILE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
Recorded Trails Update 715.479.5185

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Holly T for the great job you do Keeping us "flatlanders" up to date on the trail conditions. My wife and I just finshed 2 days on the trails in the Eagle River area. Yes, around Eagle River they are getting ridin hard, but the trails headed north to Star Lake and Land o Lakes were great riding! 150 miles of trail later we are happy we made the drive from Iowa!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts