Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

Well we are soon to be back on the trails again and I myself have finally made a step up from the relics to something worth riding. I purchased a 98 MXZ 670 and I just wanted to know if there are any easy things to do on these sleds for a boost in power or top end, aside from touching the carbs which i just won't do. Anyway hope someone has some insight, or even some past or present owners opinions of the machine!!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
CLUTCH IT!!! Then let it breath, high flow air box and some reeds or reed spacers...Those motors take real good to twin pipes! Never owned one, but a buddy has a 97. Did the above mentioned, along with a few other things and now his sled flat out rips... have fun! and hope you enjoy your new sled, any pics??

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ive got a dynoport can for it. it requires no jetting, just remove the stock one and spring in this one. $100, let me know if you would be interested.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey, I have the same motor in my 98' Formula Z. You say CLUTCH it. I am pretty good with tools and enjoy doing something like that, but where does a guy start? I know you can pipe it and get some added hp, but I am not even sure if mine is. The guy who had it b4 me changed the exhaust, but I think he only put a (can??) on it if that sounds right, to make it a little louder. I would be curious for any added info on this topic as well.

G

·
0 Posts
One of the guys I ride with put a set of pipes on his 670 summit. It responded real well. Don't tip that sled on it's top. That motor and carb combo floods real easy when your sled turns upside down.

D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Thanks

I appreciate all the input, but what does a "can" give me?? Better exhaust flow?? Where would i get a better air box?? I really don't want to touch my carbs at all and not sure if i want it loud, i do prefer to be somewhat quiet, seein how i like my night riding. Any input??

·
Registered
711 Posts
The dyno port can i have wont give you a real horse power gain. I does however weight 13 pounds less than the stock can. It is not loud, it just has a nice tune to it. If you dont want to touch your carbs a can is about the only option on the exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts