Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of the drive bearings for my polaris, And it would be about 190 plus tax from the local dealership for bearings and seals, no clips, and no speedo key or chaincase gasket. On ebay you can get the full set of bearings, seals, retainer clips, speedo key, and chaincase gasket. I really do not want to spend the money for oem on this old of a sled, but wanted to know if anyone had experience with them before I ordered them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What brand are they? I have had really good luck with all balls racing bearings. IMO sometimes after market is better because some of the companies specialize in that area and put more resources into developing a product than oem does. They want you to be satisfied with their product so you buy it again. Also a lot of times companies have the stuff contracted out through different companies so you might be getting the same bearing or whatever part for a cheaper price.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hell I think I paid less than 50$ through dealers for all balls racing for my drive shaft bearings and speedo key. I would go to a non poo dealer and try to order some after market parts.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
WOW!! $190 sounds like highway robbery to me! Your dealership wont sell you aftermarket parts? I almost never buy oem parts from the dealership. They usually will sell me parts unlimited stuff right over the counter for the catalog price.

Def go with whatever aftermarket parts you can get for those kind of dealer prices. prob all come from the same manufacturer anyway.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know there price was oem bearings and seals. I will look into parts unlimited today. The ebay set is nice though because it even comes with bearings retainers, and the chaincase gasket.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx

These guys have pretty good prices on oem stuff. Sounds like your local dealer is a crook.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up getting parts unlimted bearings and polaris seals, came out to about 75 bucks with a new crankcase seal, new speedo key, all four bearings and reataining rings, and a few bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts