Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted one the scrammer to see what would happen.

The acution said that he was from a city in NY, I for get the name, I emailed him like he ask you to do telling him I lived in a city only 15 miles from him and I have CASH and I would like to come out on the weekend and check out the sled.

Here is his reply:

Hello there,
I had to pause the listing on ebay because I've almost reached an agreement with a local potential buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like there are some problems and he doesn't have all the money to pay, for the moment. Therefore, if you are willing to pay the buy-it-now price $3000 , I'm ready to start this transaction with you.

First of all you should know that the sled is in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, no damages, it's an US model. It runs just like new.
It has a Clear Title which you will receive along with the sled. It can be registered to your name with no problems.

The snowmobile is in the US and I am willing to ship the item and cover half of shipping and insurance fees to your location if We can close the deal this week because .
I would like our deal to be supervised by eBay and SafeHarbor Team. In case we have a deal I will notify eBay transactions department so they can inform you about my reliability and how we can proceed with this transaction in a 100% safe way.

If you are interested in buying it please reply asap and let me know where are you located (your full shipping address) so that I can calculate the shipping cost. [:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
People like this should be shot!!! I am never worried about myself getting takin on something like this because I know better but I always feel bad for the the newbie who just gets screwed!!!!

DW

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
^^^you gotta be careful about that, it's not always the unintelligent ones that get scammed, a lot of the times it is the people that think they will never get scammed that end up losing because they overlook the small details. This is just another point that shows everyone has to be careful. Never buy a sled buy yourself, always ask for opinions, but not only about the sled model but about the deal you're getting and about the seller

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
What's truly amazing is that, people do get away with this stuff!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I reported one tday to safeharbor that has been listed 4 times now in different locations and different seller names. Within 5 minutes it was removed alond with 20 others I was looking at that some guy in ohio was try to sell at $2300 bucks a piece for 03 newer sleds. Hopefully this is a sign e bay is n to what is going on and they are tracking whom ever it is and catching up with them

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The scammer replied again.

here is my email to his first reply:Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:17:24 -0500
>Sorry it took so long to get back to you. As i said in my first
>email I HAVE CASH and I live in Oak Ridge, NY... that is just 15 min
>from you. There is nothing more safe then CASH and title and why in
>the world would I want to have the sled shipped if I am 15 mins away
>from you and I have a trailer? I have the cash and I would love to
>check out the sled... let me know.

Now this is the reply I got the other day:Hi again,

Our transaction will run under the supervision of ebay SafeHarbor, so if you are ready to proceed just let me know, and I will notify them so we can both get detailed information regarding proper payment, shipping and insurance to be used for this deal.

This is how it works :

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to ebay SafeHarbor Financial Department and they will deposit the money into their escrow account -->

3.The Seller will receive the confirmation that the payment is done --> 4.The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 3 days to test and check it -->

5.The buyer will contact ebay SafeHarbor Financial Department to tell them if he is satisfied or not --> 6.SafeHarbor will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) and to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).

The money will be HELD by them into their account and I will give you a few days to test the sled and to see that nothing is wrong with it. I made few deals in this way and it worked very well.

Shipping: The shipping will take 8 - 10 bussiness days. You will have to pay half of shipping cost . Will be around $300 (your part).

Payment: The payment will be done thru WIRE TRANSFER.

II also have a Vehicle Purchase Protection Account with Ebay Motors wich protects buyer against fraud up to $10.000 when using it to buy any vehicle.

If you agree with my terms please email me your FULL NAME AND ADDRESS to can calculate the shipping cost and also to start the transaction asap.
END:

Notice that its like a machine talking to you and he does not give his name or phone.... this is just to crazy.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
god, thats redicilous.

how could a person be such.. an ass and not even have guilt about it ?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Shipping, $300.00!!
My Sweet A$$!!! You're picking it up,
W.T.F.
Apparently these people think Everyone is as Stupid as they are.
Gun Control Should be in Full Enforcement on this case.
Rick

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i personally just stay away from ebay and all online buying i just don't trust it. but thats me. if i want a sled i llok in classifieds and the autotrader and also check out dealers. my 2 cents

·
Registered
855 Posts
II also have a Vehicle Purchase Protection Account with Ebay Motors which protects buyer against fraud up to $10.000 when using it to buy any vehicle.
it looks like Vehicle Purchase Protection Account with Ebay Motors which protects buyer against fraud up to $10.000 it looks like it a period not a comma $10.000 vs $10,000 lol what a #$^%IN AHOLE.

·
Registered
685 Posts
WOW Great information on this guys. Very infomative, it just again shows the members what some scam artists will do to get their money, and I agree no conscious. ALl we can keep doing is posting this great info for all to read...........

PERHAPS: we need to get a section on the site just for scams etc...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.