Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sold a good working xlt water pump on ebay and i sold and shipped it to the guy. 20 days later he claims it doesnt work and leaks. he opened a case and they sided with him which is crap because i dont sell junk. ebay made him return it. when i got it back the pump was greasy and dirty with fresh oxidation. my pump was fully cleaned before i shipped it and worked great. when i got the pump back and realized it wasnt mine i noticed all the screws were not even hand tight and either was the turbine bolt so he had it all apart. so i got screwed out of $220 and my good working pump. nothing i can do about it now except to chalk it up as a loss.

my question is that now i got this junk pump is there a way i can rebuild it with a new bearing and if so where can i get a bearing and how do you get the guts out?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
20140317_200448.jpg

here is the damage from the bad bearing in the pump that was returned to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Last year I ordered some vinyl stickers off of what turned out to be a shady company. It was only like $12, but their add said they were specific for my car. What I got were vinyl sheets that I would have to cut the pieces out myself. The ebay process wanted me to create a paypal account when I used a credit card. Ebay was of no help even when I called and they could not comprehend what I was saying and kept putting me on hold and coming back with some written stuff that had nothing to do with my situation.

My credit card company ended up taking care of it.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
you got the guys old (junk)pump back I bet....I always mark items I sell so i know it's mine

1,792 Posts
Are you sure he returned the SAME pump you sold him. He might have returned an old you and claimed it was what you sent. What's his feedback? Less than 20? You should have etched the pump with an engraver prior to taking pix of it for the auction . Maybe you're better off selling local on CL for certain items.

People like that I hope karma catches up to them someday. You're not even in business of making money, certainly barely covering costs after all the fees you pay, just trying to help pay bills and people take advantage of you.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did Mark the pump. He sent me a bad pump back. Clearly wasnt my pump I shipped him. I even uploaded pictures to the ebay claim even. I also appealed it and lost. Ebay screwed me. Paypal even tried to help but failed.

What I want to know now is can I rebuild this thing? And how?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't believe that XLT pumps are rebuildable. I've been down that road already.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i can buy the bearing for it but whats the process of pulling the bearing out?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm not 100% sure how it is on that pump but on others I've seen people set the side with the bearing facing down and heating the housing up with a torch and the bearing fell out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts