Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought this crossfire just recently and it was been nothing but awesome. Took it out today and played in some powder for probably hour to hour and a half. Near the end I got the error ECU 17 on my display. The reading would show up with the service icon at a lower speed and sometimes while stopped and then disappear at a higher speed (20 mph+). I brought it home and stopped to put it in the back of my truck and it didn't show up again. Called the dealership I bought it from and they are saying that I shouldn't ride it at all and it needs to be checked out. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if they have a solution. According to other forums, this is an exhaust temp sensor. I didnt really see any fixes and Im not really sure what an exhaust temp sensor reads, all exhaust will be hot Im assuming. But if you guys/gals know anything that might help I am all ears. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
If it is an exaust sensor I wouldn't run it, I believe it controls the timing and spark.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In my 2006 f6, the exhaust temp sensor light came on. I had the part that screws into the pipe replaced and the problem was fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts