Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The low beams on my '02 XC have been going out intermittently. All the other lights on the machine seem to work fine, as do the high beams. I think the dimmer switch has a bad connection or loose wire. Has anybody ever disassembled one? Are they repairable, or do I have to buy a whole new switch assembly? It is the blue push-button switch.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I have seen the insides of the 2008 version with the MFD button. Lots of wires in there, but yours will only have the wires for the h/t warmers and the dimmer switch.

I can't remember off hand how it comes apart, but I think there is just two bolts on the back side that hold the two halfs together.

I just referenced it in the Polaris Parts section on their website and it doesn't show how it comes apart, I know it does I just can't remember how right now.

I think you should be able to fix once you get the two halfs apart.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I just had my control block/master cylinder apart less than two weeks ago, 4 bolts hold the two halves together, then on the inside on the control block half there should be more screws to take out.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
and those switches go bad all the time... mines bad too but i wont pay what they want for a new or used one.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
My '03 Edge has a cut-off tie-wrap shoved into the switch to keep the high-beams on all the time.. Works for me, since you can't get an aftermarket replacement switch.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had that whole brakeside switch block apart last year. I know I cleaned and lubed the handwarmer switches, and I'm pretty sure I took that dimmer switch out too. If I knew how much trouble it was going to be, I'd never have opened it. It is a miracle the handwarmers still work.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'll dig in and see how it looks. I'd really like for both high and low beams to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts