Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you put in?

Im not all that up to date on either.... and believe both wouldnt be too difficult to swap into my 98 XC 700.

Any suggestions? I see a few posts and have been reading everythign I can, just not sure which would be a better skid for aggressive trail riding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the edge suspension is by far better for "aggresive" trail riding. That is what it is made for. The M-10 is made for the comfort riders, it is also i think about 5 lbs heavier if not more than that, but if you want the best suspension, the M-10 is the best you can get as far as comfort. Just doesn't handle the aggressive stuff as well.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I disagree - because the M-10 has so much more cushion on the bumps on the trails, it enables the aggressive rider to ride much faster and harder than the edge. Driving aggressively with the edge suspension and you'll be bucked off your sled or have back damage before you would with the m-10. I think the m-10 reduces top end speed however.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Originally posted by 98700xcBB
[br]neather the xtra 10 is just fine
The edge and M-10 are huge upgrades. It's one of those things one might say that you don't need...but when you ride one you will never go back. Especially the M-10

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
have you checked out the Expert X? I myself am still trying to find out what the characteristics of this skid are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts