Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. got the measurements from that jb shock website and his measurements from mounting hole to mounting hole on the skid are different. The back mounts on skid are on a spline and are adjustable. So should i move the mounts or just use my own measurements. (whats that going to do to the riding/handling.) Id have to move them forward and down causing the skid to sit lower in the tunnel. I need to get 7/8 of an inch out of it. His measure 24/1/8 inch from hole to hole and mine are 25inch even. What do you guys think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s: how the hell do you get pics to post in the forum?

· Registered
4,364 Posts
go with his exact measurements they are shorter because when you put the skid in the tunnel you must slightly compress it for it to work properly

· Registered
2,738 Posts
X2. when the skid is free from the tunnel, even with the torsion springs set in place, the shaft-to-shaft distance will be different than it's distance installed in the tunnel. Follow JBshock's web page, he knows his stuff.

to post a pic, hit "reply" at the bottom of the thread to open the full message editor. above the font/size/text color, there are two buttons, a paper clip, and a paper clip with an arrow point at it. click on the paper clip to upload a pic to the thread from your computer.

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help guys. so i should leave the mounts on the rear of the skid alone also?

Got an 88 indy 650 that im rebuilding and wanted to post pics of the rebuild but couldn't figure out how.[dunno]

· Registered
4,364 Posts
yes you cant actually rotate them anyways if you look closley on steel part where all the teeth are there are acctually 2 teeth that have a small weld inbetween them so they will only go on in the correct position

· Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres were im at. Starting to put primer on. didn't take pics of the sled before i started like a tard. [baldy] but this is what it was. when i got it the chassis and ifs bars were white with red metal flake in it. the hood is black and white with the same metal flake affect with the cobra low pro checkered windshield. Picked up another 650 with a fresh rebuild and about 300 miles on it, a good newer 3/4 inch track, and a few other small things. wanted just the engine considering mine only had 80 psi on all three. Got an edge rear skid and the front shocks for $175 off craigs list. Longer radius rods and c&a plastic skis. So now im mounting the rear skid so i can finish painting the chassis and start the process of piecing it back together.
Wood

Thanks again for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.