Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first real ride this weekend, did a 30 miles dialing it in Saturday, and 110 yesterday.
wow, nice upgrade! I'm very impressed!
Left all the settings dead center, and played with coupling a bit. Springs are still on light, and I'm a big fella.
Able to carry over a lot of trash now, keep the skis light.
This is going to be a fun winter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
where did you go riding just around your area?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran east from Mount Forest, up to Durham, part way to Collingweood, Markdale and back.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ultra what a change.. hell all good!
Don't recall the last time I had this much fun and looking for bumps.
Able to get and stay on the gas. I fiddled and farted with my xtra 10, springs, fancy shock rebuilds, coupling.
no xtra 10 setup I tried comes close to this all stock. Not sure if my weight had that much differance or the 136 makes a small differance so be it.
Rode back to back with my buddy on a 500 indy, he is setup well it use to be my wife's sled. That was the biggest realization in the change.
I like it.!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Originally posted by gbaronet
[br]Ultra what a change.. hell all good!
Don't recall the last time I had this much fun and looking for bumps.
Able to get and stay on the gas. I fiddled and farted with my xtra 10, springs, fancy shock rebuilds, coupling.
no xtra 10 setup I tried comes close to this all stock. Not sure if my weight had that much differance or the 136 makes a small differance so be it.
Rode back to back with my buddy on a 500 indy, he is setup well it use to be my wife's sled. That was the biggest realization in the change.
I like it.!

My only planned upgrade to my xcr. I rode my buddies after he put the edge in and WOW what a difference. I can't wait to try it out in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
post some pics and what are the trails like up there?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
man that must be nice ride!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ultra , post how you make out.

old red, followed jbshocks stock measurements.I made up new plates to align the holes.

old digital camera bit the dusat ,need a new one now, the other is out west.
Will try and get some clear one;s this weekend.
Trails are decent... finally!

mad, buddy, damn what a change.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
must be a nice ride, i am planning to get a edge so i know now that i am going to be happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Originally posted by gbaronet
[br]ultra , post how you make out.

old red, followed jbshocks stock measurements.I made up new plates to align the holes.

old digital camera bit the dusat ,need a new one now, the other is out west.
Will try and get some clear one;s this weekend.
Trails are decent... finally!

mad, buddy, damn what a change.
My bud just re-drilled and didn't move or replace the plates. New location falls within the stock plates. I never measured because I rode it and it works. Been riding it for a couple years without issue. I'll have to get permission from the owner to take and post pic's. When mine is done I'll post Pic's of it. I rode today and my buttocks acquired pain. heheheow[:p]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got back from my first long ride on my 2001 800 XCR that now has an M-10/Fast rear suspension. I might have lost a little top end, but WOW! what a cool ride this machine is now!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd be curious how the M10 and an expert would ride as well...
Well little duct tape on the camera to hold it together and got a few pics. Cold as a mother yesterday with that wind.
Remember to zip your pockets ehehe
[attachment=59143]
[attachment=59142]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
looks very good, i cant wait to buy an edge, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran the M-10 up in the Hurley area. Some trails were rough as he**. Others were smoothas glass. Inthe rough stuff, it seemed to ride better once you got it "up on plane". I'm having trouble with my camera or I would post some pictures of it. It looks kinda cool!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Great pic's. I'm thinking a longer track when the time comes to replace it. Does it help with traction? Traction seems to be the biggest problem with these sleds. Lack of that is. Hopefully the edge skid is going in this weekend.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, main reason i went to the longer track... spin till the cow come home. I put a 1.25 x136, it hooks like a scared cat, and can get the skis up in the junk.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Its good to read this, I am still sore from the shi##y trails this weekend and trying to keep up with my buddies renegade in the rough stuff. I would like to find an edge or an M10 for a swap this summer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts