Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first i have to apologize theres gonne be tons of questions from me. i bought this edge and its obviously above my normal league.
the sled is tore apart right now due to motor problems but im looking at everything else so when motor is done im ready to rock.
the rear suspensins seems very soft, and i didnt know if this was normal for the edge suspension.
i have read 4 inches of rider sag is what youre looking for, but just one arm muscle you can sag the suspension pretty good and id doesnt really "spring" back.
what should i be looking for, does this seem normal? think i should rebuild shocks while the sled is down? previous owner either played dumb or really didnt know anything. didnt remeber the shocks being rebuilt but he owned it approx 2 years.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Have the shocks rebuilt first. I rebuild mine in the spring to ensure no moisture is in them during storage. Check all the pivot points of the suspension to be sure they are free moving. When I do the shocks, I will take the suspension totally apart, remove all of the old grease, clean, and relube so that it is totally fresh.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There may be a way to adjust it on the rear skid too. Make sure that nothing is broken off/missing.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
bigwedgies said:
previous owner either played dumb or really didnt know anything. didnt remeber the shocks being rebuilt but he owned it approx 2 years.
For this reason, I suggest you go through [12pt]everything[/12pt] on the sled while it is down for motor work. Inspecting all bolts, fasteners, connections, movable parts, etc. now will save you headaches later and it doesn't take long. Finding the issues now = more fun later. If the guy didn't take care of it or didn't tell you what he truly knew, you could be setting yourself up for problems while riding. Don't take the chance.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
^^ x2

Drop the skid and go though everything.. Better to find an issue now, than midnight on a saturday while out riding.

You can probably find a manual on my page of manuals that will have the specs you need.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have found that yes the EDGE with the PPS does get saggy without the suspension being in use. Try picking up and slamming the rear end down a few times to work the shock a bit and see if it changes. As far as sag you should be able to fix that with the springs. I had my Fox shocks rebuilt every 2 years. Seems they need it more so then the Ryde FXs.

·
Registered
258 Posts
new springs and a shock rebuild is prob the way to go while its all apart. Also check the straps and sleders. How many miles does the sled have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts