Snowmobile Fanatics banner

edge suspension

588 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  zackattack 
#1 ·
has anyone had problems with the edge suspension? i have a 2002xc600sp and i find the suspension needs work. I got the dealer to put more pressure in the rear shock but it don't help. at first i thought it was better, but that was short lived. It used to bottom out badly. Springs are at max, now shock is at 250lbs,(which is max) It seemed better but short lived. I think the shock needs to be rebuilt. My sled has only 1500 miles.

#2 ·
I have the same sled as you, and no troubles here..the spring is set for 190, that's what I weigh. Anyway if your not bottoming out on big jumps and such then your suspension is too tight IMO. You want your shocks to use all there travel or like I said there to tight, now if your bottoming on small stuff then there is a prob.

#3 ·
on the trail, my sled is perfect, but most are. it is just when i go in small roads, it seems like i either hit or bounce back too fast. i don't know. the dealer wanted to put a different shock on it(a oil one) but i said no. The fox shock is supposed to be good so maybe it just wasn't set up right. Thanks for the input friend!

#4 ·
From what I have heard, most people in the shock business say fox and ryde shocks should be rebuilt after the first 500-1000miles, and then every 2000 miles afterwards. I know they want your money. I blew my rear shock out at 1700 miles. My friend has 3000 miles on his, rides the same as new. So at 1500 you are probably in need of new oil and gas. I am not a shock professional by any means. just my opinion.

By the way don't let him substitute an oil shock. [xx(]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.