Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which can should I get the MBRP race can or the Thing can? I am looking for louder so which one would be louder? The guy said it would fit my 800. But, it said it is suppose to be on a 900. I am also hooking this up to my Black Magic pipe.

Edit: How much do you think a MBRP can for my sled with 300-500 miles on it would cost?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
never heard of a 'thing' can. got a website or any info?

·
Registered
963 Posts
^^ yeah same curious to know who makes it?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard of them but, I don't know what they sound like. I don't know a website either.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
MBRP.. Shawn from SLEDCREW has one, and I do to. They sound sick!

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
If you actually are going to get a loud one...you can't go wrong with an MBRP Race can.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I listened to a thing at a dealership and they are much louder at idle than stock so Im sure they scream at WOT.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah, MBRP is what I am gonna buy I think. What would be a good price for a used one? It has about 4-500 miles on it he said. Here is a picture of it.

[attachment=54834]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
doesnt make sense to get one thats to loud.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by v-maxsledder
[br]doesnt make sense to get one thats to loud.
Well, some people like quiet and others and I like loud .

·
Registered
62 Posts
my old man runs an mbrp can on his 2000 summit 600 and when he is riding it sounds like an 800 he gets comments about how much louder and faster it makes his machine sound... he is happy with it.is "the thing" put on a dyno or anything or is it a knew product somebody is trying to sell... if it aint a good product with no leaks it can hurt your sled cant it?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^^^^^^^^What is that in US?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it's 170..

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by forbess
[br]my old man runs an mbrp can on his 2000 summit 600 and when he is riding it sounds like an 800 he gets comments about how much louder and faster it makes his machine sound... he is happy with it.is "the thing" put on a dyno or anything or is it a knew product somebody is trying to sell... if it aint a good product with no leaks it can hurt your sled cant it?
A can never really adds any HP. May make your sled lighter, but if you think it may add more than a HP or two then I've got a bridge to sell ya.

P.S. Loud cans get really annoying when you ride all day. I hope you like the sound of your ears ringing when you are older.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I have 2 friends that each have 2002 Mountain Cat 800's. One has a MBRP race can and one has a "Thing" can. The Thing can is louder from idle to WOT than the MBRP.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd
[br]
Originally posted by forbess
[br]my old man runs an mbrp can on his 2000 summit 600 and when he is riding it sounds like an 800 he gets comments about how much louder and faster it makes his machine sound... he is happy with it.is "the thing" put on a dyno or anything or is it a knew product somebody is trying to sell... if it aint a good product with no leaks it can hurt your sled cant it?
A can never really adds any HP. May make your sled lighter, but if you think it may add more than a HP or two then I've got a bridge to sell ya.

P.S. Loud cans get really annoying when you ride all day. I hope you like the sound of your ears ringing when you are older.
^^^^^^^+1 on that
my sled was dynoed at 182 with the stock can and i put my dynoport on and lost 2-3 hp but i like the sound of the dp so i left it on i my self can live without the extra 2-3 hp for the sound i get with the dyno port [:D]

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by shortstop20
[br]I have 2 friends that each have 2002 Mountain Cat 800's. One has a MBRP race can and one has a "Thing" can. The Thing can is louder from idle to WOT than the MBRP.
Do you have a video of the Thing can?

·
Registered
690 Posts
i love the sound of a loud triple in my ear, it never got annoying too me, i dont have a can on mine but i have triple pipes and i have never got tired of it, but its your personal opinion on what you like

·
Registered
275 Posts
it is all about what you like one of the guys i ride with has a MBRP on his RMK 700 it sounds real nice at idle loud but not to loud but when he gets on it it really screams nice can
hope your happy with whatever you buy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts