Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I was trail riding yesterday on my 96 Polaris 500 Indy with EFI. We rode up about an hour on just normal flat snow. Nothing to rough on the machine just flat fields. So it was about an hour of riding and it sounded fine the entire time. Then all of a sudden it started sounding like a bogging noise. It sounded like it was running out of gas. Then we pulled over and the thing just died. We tried starting it, it would run only on starting fluid. It would kind of idle without starting fluid but if you gave it a little bit of gas it would bog out and die immediately. So my brother drove back on his snowmobile to get a truck so we could bring it back. So about after a half an hour of sitting there I tried starting it again. I got it to turn on and I could get it to run and it was still sounding boggy. But this time I can get it to drive about a foot and then it would almost die. So i moved it about 5 feet and then it died. But when I had it running it kept almost bogging out and when it had high RPM's it would back fire like crazy.

So do you think it is a fuel line/filter?
Or maybe a spark plug cable?

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Check the fuel line inside the gas tank for cracks.

If the fuel level got low enough and it started sucking air because the fuel wasn't covering the cracks, it would give those symptoms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That happened to me at the end of the season last year. Check ALL clamps. Mine happen to be a spring clamp at the tank. Worm clamp solved the problem

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts