Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I heard this in the El Nino year?
will that affect us in colorado?? or you northern guys?
just wondering how it will affect our winter??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ive actually read on the internet of ones forcast outlook and hes saying that the "El Nino" this year is going to be fairly weak or non exsisting

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I don't really understand el Nino, but I know it has different effects on different areas. Last time they said we had an el Nino winter the snowmobiling season was horrible in the midwest.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
so far for a weak system we are still at 45 and sunny today with that temp through the weekend. monday is going to be cold at 33 degrees and rain. with the seven day forcast of more above temp. at this rate I might be able to start field work agian by around christmass time.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
in the artical i read, it talked about how every year, whether its a el nino or el nina, the winter weather patterns are different. in most cases winter will come its just going to take longer than normal, because of where the jet stream is sitting.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Did you know that the way el nino started was when the first illegal immigrants came up north and brought dirty mexican weather with them

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well, its like 15 degrees here but its not even suppose to snow for the next 10 days. So, I would say it is a El-Nino year. Maybe we'll start getting some snow in Jan.

·
Registered
646 Posts
apparently not, since u just got 2 feet of snow.
but as for the rest of the country, where its raining,
sit tight and enjoy a cold one

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
according to the "weather people" their predicting a warm start to the winter season therefor the great lakes will most likely not freeze over. that being said, for the trational snow belt regions (which im in) were going to be blasted with snow and cold weather for the majority of the winter. bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
There is a good system working its way across the west as we speak. Supposed to snow here tonight, hopefully it will not dump it all out here and can make your way! Hang in there all if needs be take a trip to Idaho we got enough snow for everyone! [Sleds]

·
Registered
23 Posts
El Nino is supposed to happen every five years, with a La Nina following that. 2 years ago was an El Nino. This year is an El Nino. Last year was a Neutral. But this year for us northwesterners, its been even better than last year! yet, 2 yrs ago was the crappiest season ever! The pattern that i see is very inconsistant with the pattern that we are supposedly having.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
El Nothing.......
No matter what the weather pattern is, it always equals RAIN instead of snow for my little corner of the world.
Either that, or "all cold and absolutely no snow," or "here's a couple inches, now you get NO snow until this snow is completely GONE."
Stupid weather.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
El Nino, El caca de toro, La Nina, global warming, greenhouse effect, nuclear winter, illegal immigration, biological warfare...

I don't care what you blame it on, it's just mother nature being a dirty $%#*! I know the weather goes in patterns every so many years, but it just seems that I got into sleds in the wrong part of that pattern. Now that I want snow, there isn't any. The year before I bought my first sled, there was knee deep snow in my back yard. Over the last couple years, it barely gets ankle deep!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Originally posted by Indy400_88
[br]El Nothing.......
No matter what the weather pattern is, it always equals RAIN instead of snow for my little corner of the world.
Either that, or "all cold and absolutely no snow," or "here's a couple inches, now you get NO snow until this snow is completely GONE."
Stupid weather.
i hear ya ... its like everytime we get a snow fall rather than it packing making a base and it snowing again it warms up and melts that ... it never builds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts