Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have an old 73 el tigre 440 it is running great but for some strange reason whenever u use the headlight it starts bogging after about 15 minutes of having it on. it is probably a bad connection somewhere, but i'm not sure. if you have any idea of what it might be and how to fix it please post. thanks,

Dustin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is your voltage regulator working properly? Most of the time you will see the headlight blow because it lets too much power to the bulb but maybe it is working i reverse?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok first off if any of the wires are near meatal check them to make sure they didnt wear through. secondly if you are riding in powder the snow could be getting under your hood and if you have bear wire and water and metal it will short out and bogg your sled. if all that fails check the complete wiring system and im sure you will find your problem. The bogging really makes me almost sure that something is shorting out. GOOD LUCK el tigre'

·
Registered
172 Posts
My guess is the voltage regulator. It must be marginal for power, and then when you turn your headlight on it draws from the power available for spark.
But I would do as Yama-Doo suggested & go over all your wiring first... it could easily be a short in the wiring somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts