Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a old 73 el tigre 440 that won't fire, the plugs spark fine but seem to not ignite anything inside the cylinder. they also become wet when in the cylinder, but this may be from it flooding due to pulling it over so many times in a row. I have no clue what the problem is so please post any thing that could help me get my old cat running.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
take the plugs out dry em off put alittle gas in each cylinder put the plugs back in try her again if that dont work try a new set of plugs dont put to much gas in tho just a little wouldnt hurt to ad a drop of oil to the gas as well this usualy works on my older sleds

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
ps if the plugs are already wet and smell like gas take em out turn the kill switch to the off position pull it over a few times put the plugs back in and then try it if that dont work try the gas trick peace and good luck

·
Registered
699 Posts
hay try a little just a little starting fluid to much and there could be trouble... spray that little amount of fluid in the carb or carbs if there are air filters or air box just spray it in there good luck man and remember it takes spark fuel and compression to make a engine run try a compression check on each clyinder good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts