Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with these[?] Do they really work[?] I have a Polaris modular helmet and found an electric shield for $100.00. I just want to know if it would be worth the money[?] Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
trail riding they are good but if you do alot of ditchbanging and are off and on you sled alot they suck because you have to connect and reconnect the cord for the helmet.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have one and I only use it for them cold frosty nites, when the shield tends to fog up. I believe I wired mine the 1st time just to a power wire and it didn't really have enough juice. If I was going slow it never worked, but once I put out some ummfff she worked. last winter I hooked it to my hi and low for the heated grips. Seemed to work alot better here.

In my opinion from the small amount of time I use mine over my sno-x helmet, it works ok. You can get them cheaper then 100 if you look around.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The few times you need it they are absolutely worth it. I always keep my cord with me just in case. I will never have another helmet without one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes buy it!! In a snow storm when your riding it helps a lot. Also not hijacking your thread but what if you put rain X on your sheild what will happen??
But yes I got a electric sheild and love it!
Jake

·
Registered
106 Posts
They are definetly worth the Money! I rode 1 storm in the UP without and promptly came home and ordered one. It's way better than frozen eyelashes!

·
Registered
430 Posts
They are worth it as long as the element is on the inside. If the element is on the outside any snow becomes a water drop and your view is mess-up. Also it will fog under heavy breathing. I have used them for 10+ years riding in all types of conditions. Cords last about 2 years less if you don't stay on your sled when riding.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Like everyone else has said, they are very much worth the money. I rarely use mine, only on those really cold days. But I had one ruined day because my shield frosted over. Bought one the next day. My shield has never fogged over again and I'll never ride without the option to plug one in again either.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I need to buy one this year I rode in a snowstorm last year and it sucked, I looked on ebay and found some for 15 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.