Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the 93 xlt electrical system handle electric start? Has anybody installed electric start on their 93/94 XLT? If you have what did you get the kit off of? Would appreciate any information I can get.--Mike

·
Registered
278 Posts
I dont think its really worth going through all that hassle just to put electric start on it. Pulling it isnt really that hard just kind of a hassle but i would rather stay with a pull start than goin through all that crap to have an electric start

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
To install a starter, you need several things..

the starter itself, and mounts on the engine block for it
a clutch with the ring gear for the starter to turn
a solenoid to activate the starter,
an ignition switch to activate the solenoid
a battery to power the whole system, in a cradle capable of holding it
a rectifier to charge the battery
wiring to tie it all together
a stator with enough excess capacity to keep the battery charged

If the 93 XLT ever came with a starter, then it should be doable. But as you can see from the list, it's not a 20 minute install.

Grab the Polaris 96-98 service manual from this thread.. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/102341/display.aspx

Look at the schematic in the back for the 96 XLT (the wiring diagram is the same) and you'll be able to find out if your motor and witing harness have the necessary stuff already in place.

In my opinion, unless you're really committed, it would be more work than it is worth. YMMV.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just keep a can of starting fluid around, that way you'll never have to give it more than a couple of pulls to get it started.

·
Registered
443 Posts
maybe you should just pull it electric start is for lazy people jk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts