Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slight problem with my sled and want to know if there is any way to fix it. I know most sleds go very dim when they are sitting at idle but I think mine is a little more then most. When I am sitting at idle my sled gets extremely dim. I have a 97 mxz 670. They get so dim that I can barely see the backlight on my gauges and the Tach drops all the way to zero even though the sled is still running. I have put on a fuel gauge, temp gauge, and I have a heated helmet so the electrical load is more then most. You can barely see the headlight when at idle. The headlight sucks when on a trail so I was going to get the PIAA light bulb which I believe uses the same wattage at least I hope. I am also going to put in an LED tail light to try to save some power even though it will be very minimal. Is there any way to get more power out of my electrical system? Thanks

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
what RPMS does youre sled Idle at? should be around the 1800 range

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have a 220 Watt generator (or stator assy) at idle its about half of that. You can add up the numbers (watts) and see what you have. Providing there's no shorts anywhere I think you done used all of it up.

And no, there's no way to increase the output.

Mike

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
My sled does the same thing. All the lights (guages and head lights) go really dim and the tach usually drops to the peg until i tap the gas a little. But my sled idles too low, I'm just too lazy to adjust it. No biggy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts