Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i bought a 99 mxz 600 a week ago and the water temp. gauge wasnt working soo i looked at it and it wasnt even pluged in so i pluged it in and started the ski-doo up and befor i got the bonnet lodged down the gauge was up on high..i shut her off and it slowly went back down so i waited for it to get down and i started her up again and the same thing happen. it rose right up as far as it could go... i dont have a clue what this could be.
any one know whats rong here?

Thanks [:)]

· Registered
268 Posts
dylan.pelley said:
ok i bought a 99 mxz 600 a week ago and the water temp. gauge wasnt working soo i looked at it and it wasnt even pluged in so i pluged it in and started the ski-doo up and befor i got the bonnet lodged down the gauge was up on high..i shut her off and it slowly went back down so i waited for it to get down and i started her up again and the same thing happen. it rose right up as far as it could go... i dont have a clue what this could be.
any one know whats rong here?

Thanks [:)]
Just like the first guy said it's the ground I would almost say for sure it is ........

Another thing the gauge itself might have a short and that's why it was not hooked up...

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
someone told me that it wasnt the right sencer in the head.. so i'm going to unplug the hole thing for now and just use the light.. but i took her out tonight and was on her for maybe 5 mins and the light came on she was overheating its the first ride on the motor i put in.. anyone know why she over heated so quickly?

· Registered
2,433 Posts
dylan.pelley said:
someone told me that it wasnt the right sencer in the head.. so i'm going to unplug the hole thing for now and just use the light.. but i took her out tonight and was on her for maybe 5 mins and the light came on she was overheating its the first ride on the motor i put in.. anyone know why she over heated so quickly?
Air in the system?

Raise the front end and bleed the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.