Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the doo warmin up and i noticed a 'chatter'(for lack of a better word) comin from around the motor, seems to be more from the RAVEs. do they make noise when they need to be cleaned or maybe just make noise normally? This is my first sled with power valves. Its a 02 MXZ 600 Sport. Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
All the sled's we've had with powervalves chatter at idle and when you rev them. My friends 583 ski doo doesn't, or I just don't hear it. I think your fine though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone know the stock adjustment for the RAVE? looks like the red spring adjuster is bottomed out on both sides.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Run them wherever you want. All the way out will bring the valve all the way out. Thats the way I run them. Never noticed a chatter from raves ever before.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Check your exhaust pipe heat shield.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im wondering since they are bottomed oput maybe they get to close to the piston? and if they are all carboned up theres some noise? soon as i get time i will pull them and clean them and back them off some or all the way out. sled seems to run fine, still rips, just nervous about this chatter. Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts