Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help on what engine will fit in a 91 indy 650 chasis without a lot of messing around. Will a mono block 600 from a XLT or XCR work? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I tried doing this same thing with an RXL chasse. The motor mount locations are diffrent. The whole bulkhead is diffrent. We tried to get the monoblock out of a 97 XLT in there and it wasn't happening. I don't think that the 650 is any diffrent from the RXL in terms of the lower end and the motor mount locations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by C-razedswitchback
[br]I tried doing this same thing with an RXL chasse. The motor mount locations are diffrent. The whole bulkhead is diffrent. We tried to get the monoblock out of a 97 XLT in there and it wasn't happening. I don't think that the 650 is any diffrent from the RXL in terms of the lower end and the motor mount locations.
You should be able to use the RXL straps and redrill them for the XLT....

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can absolutely slide a monoblock triple into the 650 engine bay. All that is required is that you use the aluminum mounting brackets that go with the monoblock. It and the pipe will bolt right in as long as the monoblock is out of a standard Indy wedge chassis. You may have trouble fitting the airbox but you can always change over to K&N filters or an SLP unit at worst. You will have to come up with a way to adapt the coolant hose in the 650 chassis to fit the monoblock (one trip to plumbing dept of the hardware store should do it).

I actually did just the opposite. I took a big bored 650 and dropped it into an XLT chassis.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
What is this the club of misfit engines?[:D]

Sounds like quite a few of you dropped 650's into XLT's.[8D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts