Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am forced to bore out one side of a 670 twin engine 0.020 over stock. Has anyone had any experience with this, tried it, proven bad or just bad practice. Rumour has it that it will create extra harmonics within the engine that will cause major problems if I do one side and not the other. Just looking for past history/exp.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Jigs I did this to a 94 Polaris Trail Indy about 6 years ago and it has run fine. It has only seen about 80 miles in the last 2 years but before that my daughter rode the hell out of it and it runs perfect. Riley

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thats a tough call, and one I don't have any first hand knowledge off. Some say do it, they have and haven't had any problems.

Others say don't, as it will create an unbalanced motor. Who's correct? I have no idea.......big help aren't I? [:D]

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
It will do no harm to do this. I have seen it done all the time and engines that have had this done to it run just as good and are just as reliable as any other engine.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
on my old 500 I was going to go 40 over on just one cause only one was scored. that was until the machine shop went a bit over size and had to nikasil it back so they agreed to do both. Anyways they said the original plan of unbalance would not have been a problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your comments, and history. I really have nothing to lose at this point so I am going to give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts