Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Polaris xcsp 700
Started it last night, ran for about 30 seconds and then the engine started reving up on its own. (no choke). Tapped the throttle, it stopped reving and slowly died.
Any thoughts of what just happened? Oh, and now it wont start, but turns over.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Welcome to the site! About how high did the engine rev, and how old is the gas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea your sled will rev up at idle when you start to run out of gas. Eather your pick up line in your gas tank broke of, or you fuel filter if you have on could be clogged, or carbs are dirty and wont alowe gas to flow through them. I you have a fuel filter blow through it and see if it is plugged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im gonna say that the gas is probably over year old for sure. The engine reved to about 3500 rpm before i hit the throttle and then started to come down until it died.
Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
My sled will do that until it is warmed up. Did you warm it up at all? do so before you start taring your sled apart and getting your self a huge headache Make sure that you have good gas. When you flip on the choke does the rpm's go down? If so that means that you are at the right settings. Also what temp are you running it at? This also could have an effect on how it is running as well. If you are having issues make sure that the idle mixture screws are all the same turns out. Make sure that you know where the settings are at before you start turning them in or out. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
first order of business, get rid of all the old gas in the fuel system. My thoughts are that your old gas has clogged the carbs (or the filter, like sambell said). whatever was in the bowls got burned, and "ran out" of gas, also like sambell said. I'd be willing to bet a few bucks that fresh gas + clean carbs/filter = problem fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts