Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 yamaha phazer II. Last week clutch side cylinder overheated and blew the piston on the bottom. I've cleaned out the cylinder and replaced piston/rings. Getting around 100/110psi dry test now.Engine is still overheating, made the mixture a little richer, got lots of spark. Not sure why its still running hot after very little time running. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by canadiantim2
[br]You say it is hot? Are you looking at the plug colour, or what? Did you clean the jets?
I've added a bit of oil to the gas to keep the piston from burning up, plug is a litlle plack, look like its getting lots of gas. I havn't cleaned the jets or carb, was cleaned last year.

·
Registered
506 Posts
check your fan shroud for obstructions, might be something blocking the air from flowing over the fins on that cylinder.

and you're still staggering your jetting right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no obstructions, not sure what you mean on staggering the jetting. What is the pressure each cylinder should have?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Pull the carbs again and clean them real well. Pull all the jets, and make sure there are no obstructions, as that would produce a lean condition. Make sure the air screws are adjusted to spec.

Check the rubber boots that attach the carb to the air box and the rubber flanges that attach the carb to the cylinders for cracks. This would allow excess air in which would lean you out. Take them all off and check them over well.

Pull the air box and open it to check for any obstructions (ie. rats nests). Make sure there aren't any cracks in the airbox or any missing screws.

Be sure the fan belt is nice and tight so it doesn't slip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts