Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi on my 2003 xcsp 800 when the engine is running and I lift the hood the engine shakes lots and it don't look normal.. Is this bad

·
Registered
848 Posts
How are the engine mounts? Does it get 'sketchier' if you rev the engine higher?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sounds like mounts to me!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats why they call them BIG BLOCK TWINS they idle like bbc motors. mine does the same at idle, hit the gas and it goes away.

LIKE TO SAY HI TO EVERYONE, THIS IS MY FIRST POST

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
polaris8002010 said:
Thats why they call them BIG BLOCK TWINS they idle like bbc motors. mine does the same at idle, hit the gas and it goes away.

Hi right back at ya .....Welcome to the site[thumb]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
polaris8002010 said:

Welcome polaris8002010

Any v6 or larger cammed or high compression motor can be made to chop/shake at an idle if properly tuned.. I was pretty good at power tuning motors back in the 80's and 90's when I was still wrenching on cars. I loved letting other people build motors and then not being able to get them to run right tuning them by the books, then me going over and tuning them by ear and making them rip. My target idle was always the base line of the drum solo at the beginning of "hot for teacher". Listen here, from 7 seconds to 22 seconds..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B25rZPZaehk

Back to sleds, neither of my BB twin sled motors (the 700 or the 800) shake much at an idle. My old Storm triple with EFI, now that shakes at an idle...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts