Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got this 85 yamaha ovation and someone modded the crap outa it! It has a whole new suspension front and back. A newer steering post and new bars and brand new skis and carbides. I cant figure out with kind of skid its got in it but its deffently not a Yamaha one. But the motor is a rupp 440 and was not mounted correctly and such. Honestly it looks like some guy put alot of work into the body and suspension but must of ran out of money when he put the motor in. Then got to thinking about making my own custom sled. So i have made the design on what and how i want to do it. I know that i will be using the 1985 ovation 340. And that i want to use a Polaris triple in it but i need to find a engine first. I have a whole shop full of metal, bolts, tools ect.. I have had this idea in my head for about a year now and i have finely decided to do it! I have been scraping to make some play money and i am looking to buy a good running trip for about 350$ Let me know if anyone has a motor they want to sell me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thats going to be a lot of work and hours, but it would be nice if you got it all done and going and you would have yourself one hell of a sled. Your going to have to get carbs, exhaust, airbox and put coolers on it and im going to guess the motor isnt going to drop right in. id just put a polaris 550 fan in :) would make things a bit easier...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohh i know! I have not really though about a fan but i will take that into consideration. I realize its going to be alot of work but i don't have anymore projects going on and i need another to keep me busy. i just got done building a Oval track race sled! So before i even start i will be needing all my parts and then i am off.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I put a xlt 600 triple in a yamaha gpx 433, It had a set of decker triple pipes, xtra 10 susp. in the rear, fully studded. I use to take it out to the lake, everyone would laugh at me til I smoked them. Funnest sled i've ever owned.

·
Registered
258 Posts
How wide is the front of the sled? I know you say the front and rear suspension has been modified, but man if you stuff a tripple in that thing and its narrow.....that things gonna be a hand full with that much power.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I widened the ski stance, but the skis never touched the ground til you let out of the throttle

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i realize everything that could be a pain but im up for it. I know its going to make me a long time and lots and lots of thinking. I am thinking about buying my buddys sled. He got into a crash with it and everything is screwed the motor runs and the cooling is all fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts