Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Polaris Classic 500 Touring. I am not that inclined on the Liquid Cooled aspect of the sled. It seems to have 2 different temperture assesments on it. One would be the gauge and the other is the light. When I go to start it, it fires right up, I let it idle for about 3 minutes and the light will start to come on very dim, however the gauge will show no temp at all. I will take it out for a little ride and the light will still glow, sometimes get bright and other times go off, the gauge will go up to a normal temp, then if I hit some good powder, the light will sometimes go off and the gauge will go down.

Is this just a bad light? or maybe a bad gauge?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
don't bother......I found out what it was after about 3 hours of reading and searching online.......check the wire to make sure it didn't come loose off the sensor before you try searching and reading online IDIOT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dosent it feel better to have figured it out by yourself and call your self an idiot then to have someone else tell you that?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Well then I'm the idiot because I was gonna say you have air in the system. The air bubble is freaking out your light.
When you are getting in the good powder, the temperature is comming down because you are shooting a bunch of nice fresh snow all over your heat exchangers.
I'm glad it was just a loose wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts