Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wondering what a small constant tick or knock at idle could be? when revved, the knocking goes away completely, than after it comes to a complete idle again, it sounds like its coming from the clutch side piston or possibly the clutch itself, or even right in between the primary and cylinder itself? No idea what it could be, just wondering if it could be a crank problem, but than wouldnt it make the noise the whole time?

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Im guessing its just the clutch,my sled does that to. I believe its the weights that make the tick sound but not completly sure.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Could it maybe be piston slap? I had a yz 125 years ago that ticked like mad and was told thats what it was---Dont quote me just a suggestion

·
Registered
377 Posts
my old SX did that, its probly nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RMK-KING said:
Im guessing its just the clutch,my sled does that to. I believe its the weights that make the tick sound but not completly sure.
ha i like hearing things like this, guess i was just wondering, by the way would the fact the sled has a speedwerx clutch have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the clutch would probably do it with or without a clutch kit. I'm pretty sure my sled does it aswell.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Who's the idiot giving everyone negatives for trying to help this guy out???

May also look at the wrist pin bearings. Had a ticking and found out that's what it was. Pull the clutch and idle it and see if the noise is still there.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
you could have bent a rod alittle bit causeing some piston slap thats what was going on with my sled before.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Wow!!! More negatives. And I got two.[^] Stop being a little baby and quit the [email protected]@in games punk!! Some people actually give ideas to people who need help. So instead of being a bitch, just leave!!!!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
My RMK clutch makes that sound, i to believe it is the weights. My Dad's RMK does the same thing.

Is it a metal on metal type of tick or not quite?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Could be the clutch, pull it apart and check the bushings and just make sure they are ok. It could just be the weights moving slightly but if its the bushings allowing components to move to much you will be replacing every part of the clutch in 1000 miles. Detonation can make a very fast low ping or nock, but it would probly do it all through the powerband if it was detonation, not just at idle. I doubt it is piston slap, and if it is you can expect the motor to go down soon, a ring is eventually going to clip an exhaust port.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
srx_600 said:
My RMK clutch makes that sound, i to believe it is the weights. My Dad's RMK does the same thing.

Is it a metal on metal type of tick or not quite?
ya its just kind of a not loud but if you listen closely you can hear it through the exhaust, its just a little like knockin noise, but if you touch the trottle just the littlest bit it goes away.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hangman said:
Wow!!! More negatives. And I got two.[^] Stop being a little baby and quit the [email protected]@in games punk!! Some people actually give ideas to people who need help. So instead of being a bitch, just leave!!!!
x2 tired of these little f u c k e r s on here doing that! on all my threads its been like that. i think the moderator should find out who it is and limit their account.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
MicahMan said:
Hangman said:
x2 tired of these little f u c k e r s on here doing that! on all my threads its been like that. i think the moderator should find out who it is and limit their account.
Problem is they probly cant, but it would be nice if they could. They are just imature little kids. Just blow it off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts