Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 yamaha XL-V. This thing smokes so bad, and it idles really rough. The plugs are wet and get black really fast. It is also really hard to start. When i give it gas it also bogs down. Any suggestions would help im new at this stuff.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i guess i would start with a good carb cleaning, wich should be done preseason any way, while the carbs are off check out things like the oil pump adjustment. make sure it moves nice with the throttle, make sure fuel pump isnt leaking gas into the crankcase via pulse line, look and inspect is a good place to start.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have seen a sled have two fouled plugs and do the very same thing. It was hard to start, once you got it started it would idle rough and when you tried to put a load on it, it would just bog. It would be a quick fix,and cheap too.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You can do it your self if you dont have two left thumbs. Some people just cant do mechanical things. But if you do, you should have access to compressed air to do it well. A good twenty dollar investment for all snowmobilers is the Aaen carb tuning handbook. Its all in there. Remember this also. If it is not done correctly serious engine damage can occur.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts