Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal after 5-10 minutes of idle for engine upper hose to be hot, rear cooler under seat luke warm, BUT side coolers still cold?

Does it mean I have a problem if side coolers cool and everything else warm and engine hot?

All this while sled sitting. Just rebuilt and haven't rode yet.

96xcr 600 sp

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Make sure you have the coolant completely filled. Sounds like you have air bubbles in your motor/exhangers.

-Dean

·
Registered
129 Posts
i agree with ripperd2...let yure motor run for a few minutes and then lift the releive valve on the rad cap to let the air out...do this several times until yu see no bubbles in the coolant return line

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I believe this motor has a full flow bypass it will bypass all the coolant until the engine heats up. When it does start to flow throught the coolers it flows in parallel, so unless the engine is running at a high load you may only notice the flow through the rear cooler which has the larger hoses. The coolers on the running boards have smaller hoses so they would flow less than the other circuit. I believe your system is working corectly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. eric, your message makes sense.

So you don't think I have a bad watter pump or anything? Like i said, rear cooler under seat is warm so your theory makes sense which means everything probably working ok.

Is it normal for engine "Temp" light to come on if idle too long though?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finaaly had first snow here. I took sled out in less than an inch of snow to see if it would overheat like it did at idle.
IT Still is overheatting. After 20 minutes, coolant starts to overflow out of overflow hose.
Is it from too little snow or is something wrong with this thing?

Side coolers still cool to touch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts