Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last year my 1992 polaris indy rxl 650 just died on me on the trail.took the head off and found that one of the pistons was stuck alittle.but got it going again.then when i ride it around and get on the throttle it died again but just like it did last year.could it be because of the battery is dead or something else.please need info.thanxs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is it EFI? try charging the battery. And when of the pistons is "stuck a little"....thats not a good thing, and shouldnt be ignored.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
mikegrover said:
last year my 1992 polaris indy rxl 650 just died on me on the trail.took the head off and found that one of the pistons was stuck alittle.but got it going again.then when i ride it around and get on the throttle it died again but just like it did last year.could it be because of the battery is dead or something else.please need info.thanxs.
How exactly did you find it was "stuck alittle"? Sounds like your "stuck alittle" turned into "really stuck" (aka seized)..

Anyway, check the battery, should have at least 11.5 volts for motor to run.

After you find out that's fine, take off the belt and turn over the motor by hand by the clutch. It should turn smoothly, and you should run into 6 compression strokes per revolution. No scraping, or binding, grinding or sticky spots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts