Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 82 enticer 250. cleaned carb and installed carb kit in keihin carb . fuel moves in hose but not all the way to the carb. seems to have good vacuum. any help?? Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
check the vacume-line comming off the crank case for any cracks or kinks and replace it of you need, also make sure the needle and seat ar cloged by anything or sticking shut. also be sure there is still enough gas in the tank for the pump to take in. and try spraying alittle premixed gas right in the carb to get it running and see if it draws any gas that way. finally, if u have a fuel shut off make sure its in the on position. good luck
-gaven

·
Registered
393 Posts
Also make sure the line inside the tank isn,t cracked or rotted off.Alot of old sleds have never had them changed and gets overlooked.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
yeah definatly check the line in the tank. and make sure the fuel in the on position. also check the fuel filter to make sure it isnt clogged. if you have a bad crank seal or a case gasket that is blown out smewhere it will have very low vaccume to your fuel pump and it will look like its getting gas but it really wont pump. i put gas down the carbs enuf to run it and shoot some flamable liquid around the crank to see if there is a diferance in rpms. ifso you have a bad crank case gasket.

·
Registered
741 Posts
not sure if this is any help.. but my brothers 89 indy 340 was not sucking gas from the tank. I looked pretty retarded and a little gay doing it, but i blow as hard as i could into the gas tank. The sled runs and sucks fuel great now

·
Registered
313 Posts
Vamped400 said:
not sure if this is any help.. but my brothers 89 indy 340 was not sucking gas from the tank. I looked pretty retarded and a little gay doing it, but i blow as hard as i could into the gas tank. The sled runs and sucks fuel great now
Or just take an aircompressor with a blower thingy hooked to it and put it in the tank and cup your hand over it so it doesnt let any air escape out and it will push fuel through the lines. I have to do it everytime i clean my carb for some reason but it works so thats all that matters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts