Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this weekend I put in my new clutch kit. I’d been looking into different clutch kits and found one from EPI but it was for a 1996 and up Indy 500, and mines a 1995. It was about a 40 minute install, to bad it was late at night when I did it and couldn't test it out. Anyways I also read into the instructions and chose the more "aggressive" settings for my set up. So currently I’m running their #10 weights with a black spring for primary, and for the secondary it’s a purple spring in the 3rd hole. Back to the story. I fired the sled up with epi's directions to use a new Polaris belt and down the driveway I went, onto the lawn. Well I let it rev up to where it almost engaged (5500-6000rpm now) let it warm up a little bit, then drove around for a bit to get the feel for the new set up. After that I wanted to see how well it would actually work, and let me tell you I pulled the skis for almost the entire time. It scared me. All in all I’m very impressed with my purchase. Hopefully ill be able to try it out on some snow.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thats what I did when I got my clutch kit put in except I didnt get to open her up YET [:D] but soon real soon

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, although im very interested to see where my peak performing RPM would be. orginally it was about 7500-7900, with any luck it might be a bit higher.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts