Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the EPI Pro-series clutch kit installed in my 03 Pro-X
700. My Polaris dealer said this was a good kit to install and that 90% of the kits he puts in are from EPI.

My question is regarding the primary weights. Does anyone know if they are 10-64's or something other? Also, I dropped a tooth on top
to 24/41 gearing & dropped to 430's on the mains with the possibility of going 420's if everthing looks ok. Sled is stock otherwise w/144 studs down the middle.

Is EPI a good clutch kit? Will I notice a big difference with these changes? And is it safe to go 420's- what are the temp limits there?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
absolutley safe to go 420's on the mains.... I am there now and considering 415's if I can find them or 410's. Polaris generally sets the mains 2 sizes rich from the factory. And the clutch kit will work awesome... and are most likely 10-64 weights.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just put one of the pro kits in my 02xcsp 700 & it came with 10-64 polaris weights matched set at 64.2.Came with a quad angle helix it looks like its real close to the r-12 at the start then gets more agressive at the end[attachment=50633]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i just installed my pro-kit on my indy 500. i like the new power band. although im going to have a buy a new belt. i guess a belt with 1500miles on it doesn't get the power to the track properly. haha ah well. great purchase tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts