Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k so i installed the clutch kit to spec (primary spring/weights 70G / secondary spring/helix) -- everything done right.

I took it on the grass yesterday, when i went forward it was fine (didnt break 10mph) but when i hit my PERC reverse the belt was just slipping on the primary. then i went into forward, again same thing lots of slipping.

I changed the belt -- brand new polaris belt, now no problem forward, still slipping in reverse.

I couldn't go fast cause i had like 40ft of back yard, im going to my buddies farm next week to open it up and see whats going on.

My questions are

1) are the epi pro kits made for perc style reverse?
2) do the springs need some sort of break in?

**side note to question 3 ** (ive never reversed in grass before)

3) is there just too much drag from the sled being on grass with 9" carbides and 144 studs plus me on it 220 lbs to go smoothly in reverse ?

thanks in advance - ill take a video of whats happening when i can - subscribe to the thread if your interested in seeing the video.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
#1 - if they're not, they will specify so (my buddy's EPI kit works with his perc reverse)
#2 - no break in.. install and go.
#3 - If you think the scags are digging in the grass, rock the sled side to side just getting the skis off the ground.. If they're binding, they will break loose, and you'll have your answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts