Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm planning on ordering my new clutch components soon. I've done a lot of research and read a lot of posts on this topic. I'm not going with a "clutch kit", I'm buying the individual components myself, to make my own kit. This is what I've got:

1997 XLT SP 600
Only mods are PPP silencer and 96 studs up the middle in Woody's aggressive pattern. Once clutched I'm planning on adding 24 more up the middle. Has stock gearing.

This is what I'm looking to get from EPI:
EPI white primary spring: 125 lbs at 2 1/2" load, and 280 lbs at 1 1/4" load.

(Stock is Polaris gold with only 100 lbs at 2 1/2" load and 280 lbs at 1 1/4" load)

EPI yellow secondary spring: 46 lbs at 2 1/2" load, and 71 lbs at 1 1/4" load.

(Stock is Polaris red with only 21 lbs at 2 1/2" load, and 45 lbs at 1 1/4" load)

EPI Pro-Series Helix:
They have a one style tri-cut and three style quad-cut helix's available. They state that the quad-cut provides the same aggressive upshifting as the tri-cut, but has more built-in backshifting capability. So I'm thinking about getting the quad-cut style two helix.

My question is, how does this setup sound? I'm not looking at constantly tunning it for varying conditions. I want improved clutch performance (especially on low and mid range....where the XLT's need it), but don't want to sacrifice topend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts