Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody explain what a Equalizer Tube and a Boost Bottle does? What are the performance gains? Which is better?
Will
http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendor/details/detail.asp?serverid=nlSnow&PartNo=181554

fit my friends '96 Indy L/C?
I want to get one of those tubes for him for his birthday.. which will fit his sled, or which can I "MAKE" fit his sled?
Thanx,
Matt

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I dont think it will fit his sled.. it will only fit 98-03 liquid twins 600-800cc

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have only seen boost bottles on case reed engines. That year Indy is probably a port induction motor.

Boost bottles are supposed to smooth out and increase fuel flow, thus improving low end power and responsiveness. When the air flowing into one cylinder is abrubtly cut off by the piston coming up on a compression stroke the momentum of the fuel air charge is able to transfer to the other cylinder which gives it a boost or additional charge. At least that is how I view it from what I have been told and read about.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Originally posted by RMK-KING
[br]I dont think it will fit his sled.. it will only fit 98-03 liquid twins 600-800cc
You can get them for 500cc twins too.

http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=1746&CATID=81

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx, but my friend has a Indy 500, not xc or rmk.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind... just noticed "for all 500 models". Thanx, dudes!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
It does say all 500 models below, but above it says XC/RMK.

The intake boots on Fuji 500's (non-xc/rmk) are not moulded to accept boost bottles.

I've also heard that you notice bigger gains with those on larger 6 & 700 Liberty engines, and aren't worth it for 500 XC's like mine.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UH-OH.........
I JUST ORDERED IT... it wont work with my friends 500?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I don't think it will.
See the 2 pics below...the 96 intake doesn't have those 2 risers coming out of the boots like the 99 does.

/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/96indy500_intake.jpg

I think that intake pressure isn't even a factor without reed valves like on the 99 XC.

If you already ordered it there might be someone on TUSF in the US that would buy it off you, if not, I might...let me know.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shit... this could pose as a problem...
Well... u say U might buy it off of me?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I gotz it from
http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showdetl.cfm?&DID=29&Product_ID=1746&CATID=81

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
They should take them back, it's a big outfit. Just call em and tell em what happened. A lot of companies put a return label right in the box with every shipment.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
U mean after I get it, I should send it back?

Also, anybody know of anything kinda like this "boost Bottle" I could get him instead?

I feel realy stupid now.. after asking his dad if I could get him it... and now it turns out that the add I thought said "96-2003" all dual-cylinder sleds.. actualy says 2000-2003 duals!
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, it's not ur fault.. I should have waited for an answer to my question... and researched the product a little more first.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I don't think that it's entirely your fault Jagman...their site does say:
"all 500 models"

They should take it back no problem.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok... but will I have to pay to return it?

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
their might be a restocking fee but im not sure..you will have to check it out..Their isnt a whole lot of mods you can do to the indy 500..clutching,exhaust can,pipe..kinda spendy mods..

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Right off of HotSeat Performance's Website:

"RETURNS
Customers may return product for in-store credit when the following procedures are followed: Under no circumstances will any product over 30 days old from invoice date be accepted or considered for return. Please call (651) 982-0600 for a return merchandise authorization (RMA). You must include a copy of the original invoice and a note containing your name, address, phone number and a brief explanation for your return. Returns without this information will be delayed. All returns are for credit only. No cash/check refunds given. All returned items must be in new condition. Any installed or used item will not be accepted. You may try for fitment purposes only. Electronic merchandise, special orders or printed merchandise cannot be returned under any circumstance. Only new, uninstalled parts can be returned and are subject to a 20% restocking fee."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts