Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience in using Energy Release's oil additive for their sleds? Just wondering if it makes any difference, especially their claim on easier starting and better fuel economy. I have a feeling that this is just your typical commercial "hype" and it really does nothing but drain your wallet, but I thought I would ask the question.

Energy Release's website is "www.energyrelease.com"

BTW, put 35 k's on my sled this past weekend on private rural property NE of Peterborough. Man it feels good to ride again!!!! Hope this is an indication of things to come and to make up for the last two SH*&(* seasons. Only 15cm of snow, but at least it is SNOW!!!

On the back of my snow jacket it says...

"If you can read this, the bitch fell off!"

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If you are thinking of going that route, I would just run synthetic oil. So far I like Klotz the best.

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
502 Posts
We used it for racing. I don't recommend running it through your motor. It's probably alright, but for racing it works too good. Honest. It actually works as good as they say it does, but it kinda glazes the cylinders, and when we did a leak down test it lost a little from stock, but held compression. We do run it in our chain case and it has doubled the life of our chains and gears durning racin applications.

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I wouldn't mess around with oil in my sled. For some reason changing things to do with oil seem like they would just be asking for some problems in the future.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well there you have it. I asked the experts and since I don't race professionally (according to some I CANT race, HAHA) and since I already run synthetic oil, I'm going to keep my $20 and buy extra gas instead of the ER stuff.

Thanx guys for your info!!!

On the back of my snow jacket it says...

"If you can read this, the bitch fell off!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts